Search This Blog

29 April 2013

A Great Break-Up Song Should Make You Feel Good

This file is licensed under the Creative 
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 
3.0 Unported license. The creator of the
image does not endorse this blog.
For more info, click this
Every now and then, one of your friends suffers from a broken heart.  We have all heard the reasons, those all too familiar statements:
“He just left me.”
“She said she does not love me anymore.”
“He found someone new.”
“She said that I cannot give her what she needs. I am stifling her.”
“He said we should just be friends”

And of course the infamous, “It is not you. It’s me.” Most of us know that “It is not them; it is always us.” You! Us! We’re the reasons no matter how they embellish it with kind words laid with the best intentions.  So what’s next? We spend our waking hours thinking of them, crying over them and waiting for them to change their minds. We asked ourselves:
“What went wrong?”
“What should have I done to make things better?”                       
“Did I push her or him away?”


Bottom-line, it is just a waste of energy asking these questions. Once upon a time, a wise woman told me that the best cure for a broken heart is to move on and live. Before you know it, you will even forget his or her face and perhaps, one day you will realize how silly you were for spending so much time crying over somebody who was not willing to stay.  When that happens, you actually get angry at yourself for all those wasted hours you could have spent moving forward.

I have had my share of break-ups. Now this does not make me an expert but there is one thing I know for sure.  The right song can help you move forward.  Once you get hurt, it is just normal to listen to break up songs.  The most popular nowadays is Adele’s “Someone Like You.”  It is a heart-wrenching song delivered by a powerful artist. If Adele were a Christian gospel singer, we would probably all convert.  “Irreplaceable” is also famous to some women.

For all you suffering from a recent break-up, I suggest listening to “Feeling Good.”  Listen to it over and over.  It is an old song but a breaking heart is as old as time anyway.  For girls, listen to Nina Simone’s soulful version. Click Here.  For guys, listen to the Muse’s more rock-alternative version. ClickHere.  You may also try Michael Bublé's version.  Click Here

“Feeling Good” is a wonderful song because it actually stays with you through the entire grieving process.  In the beginning, it feeds your denial.  You hear “I'm feeling good” even though you don’t.  “It’s a new dawn” but you know you are still lost in the dark. But the song also persistently pushes you forward to forget, move on and start feeling good about yourself.  Once you reach that point, the song offers you a positive wall of sound in your heart and head.  It’s liberation.

And if this fails, at least you have exposed yourself to great music, not the kind of trash that untalented balladeers come up these days.


P.S.
Here’s one song that I wrote but since I am not a musician, I cannot set these lyrics into music.  Perhaps all you budding musicians there can help. Who knows, this could be the next dance hit, rock hit, Rap hit or whatever. Does anybody know Adele’s telephone number? How about Justin Timberlake’s?

Lyrics by Rob San Miguel
Once upon a time I thought I was in love with you
Once a upon a time I thought I was meant for you
Once a upon a time I thought we could make it through
Once a upon a time I thought I couldn’t live without you

But now you’re just wasting my time
You’re just cranking up my jive
You’re just taking over my space
You’re just shoving me to the side

Now move, you’re not worth my tears
Move, I’m too brave to live in fear
Move, I’m not the one to buy into forever,
Enough said, move, so you’re gone, fine, it’s over

I don’t care if you found somebody new
Boo hoo, you think that would break me too
No way, I am not type to dwell in pain
Enough said, your loss, my gain.
Get over it!
I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER
The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above. (Hindi nangangahulugan na sang-ayon ang mga ibang manunulat, miyembro ng babasahing ito at aming advertisers sa mga opiniyon ng may akda ng sanaysay na nakasulat sa itaas)

COMMENTS POLICY
Brun Philippines encourages readers to focus solely on the issues when commenting or criticizing. We do not allow foul language and personal attacks on any individuals. You may only comment on a public person’s beliefs and actions. We strictly screen people who will leave comments, and only comments from readers with full names will be posted. Freedom of speech also includes responsibility. We want to weed out the buffoons from the critical and freethinkers. Thanks so much.

(Hinihikayat ng “Teapot” (Tsarera) ang mga mambabasa na tumutok lamang sa mga isyung pinag-uusapan sa pagkomento o pagpuna. Hindi namin pinapayagan ang napakaruming wika at personal na pag-atake sa sinumang indibidwal. Maari lamang punahin ang aksiyon at paniniwala ng isang publikong indibidwal. Istrikto naming sinasala ang mga taong nagkokomento at tanging ang mga komento mula sa mambabasa na ginagamit ang buong pangalan ang aming ipapaskil. Kaakibat din ng kalayaan sa pananalita ang responsibilidad. Gusto naming alisin ang mga luko-luko mula sa kritikal at malayang mag-isip. Maraming salamat po.)

Follow by Email

NEVER AGAIN!

NEVER AGAIN!
Brun Philippines joins the nation in remembering the evils of Martial Law and the fight to bring to justice those who are responsible for the human rights violations and other atrocities committed

WHO DID OUR READERS CHOOSE?

WHO DID OUR READERS CHOOSE?
Click banner above to see full list of winners