For people [like me] who will travel on Mother’s Day and will only get to spend a few hours of this special day with their moms, or for those who simply want to make their mom feel special the moment she wakes up on her special day, here’s an easy to follow pancake recipe.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Some butter (for coating the pan)
- Fruits for topping
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with a little butter. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn each pancake over when the top is covered with bubbles; cook until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Place on a plate. Top with your choice of fruits (optional). Drizzle with pancake syrup. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar.
Pictures of Bianca's actual pancakes will be posted as soon as she whips up another batch. It is safe to say that there will be no leftovers. :-)