Search This Blog

21 May 2024

Why You Will Never Win the Lottery (A Satire)


I bought a lotto ticket and I said that if I won, I would donate part of the money to charity. I lost. I thought maybe I was not specific enough so I bought another ticket, and I promised God that if I won, I would donate 50% to charity. I lost again. I thought that 50% was still not charitable enough so I bought another ticket and I promised God that I would donate 70% to charity if I won. I lost again. Finally, I promised God that I would donate 90%.  I bought a ticket and then I lost again.

I finally asked God, “Lord, why haven’t I won yet?  I have already promised to donate 90% to charity”

God replied, “Hey, everything comes from me so technically, the jackpot money is my money. If you are willing to give 90% to charity, why don’t I just cut the middleman and give all the money to charity myself.  I will just put the donation under your name and you will be blessed by me. How’s that?”

I answered, “Yeah, yeah, I’m blessed among all men.”

God said, “You sound bitter.”

“Well, I kind of fancy being the middleman, even for a short time,”
I said

“Egotistically bloviating, aren’t we?” God said sarcastically.

“Hey, you designed me so deal with it,”
I said. “Just make sure, the money really goes to the needy because the last time I heard some selfish couple got millions and bought a new yacht and they had a wonderful holiday on a private island with their beautiful well-fed children while being attended by their Filipino maids.”

God said, “It’s my money. I will give it to anyone I please. Everything happens for a reason.”

I said, “Whatever!”


VOCABULARY

"egotistically bloviating" is a playful way to describe someone who's excessively verbose and self-important.


KEY WORDS
Divine Lotto Dilemma: A Comedic Quest for Charity Blessings
Lotto Lessons: A Humorous Journey of Generosity and Divine Intervention

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.

Language Levels

Language Levels

TRAVEL VIDEO BLOG

A MOTO TRAVEL SERIES