English Lesson (Listening B1): "Long or Short Vacation"
Vocabulary A. Farther away
(plus loin): At a greater distance. Example: My grandparents live
farther away than my cousins. B. Nearby (à
proximité): Close to a place. Example: There is a nearby park where
children play. C. Refreshed
(reposé(e): Feeling rested and energetic. Example: After a good
night's sleep, I felt refreshed. Guide Question: Why does the speaker like a long
vacation? There are two reasons. Explain each.
Question: Do you prefer short or long vacation? Why? -
Show More/Show Less Example
TRANSCRIPT
I would like to have a long vacation. One reason is that I can travel to places that are farther away. If I only have a three- or four-day holiday, I cannot travel very far. I usually have to stay in my own country or visit nearby countries like Italy or England. I would rather travel to Asia or the Caribbean because I can relax there. Another reason is that a long vacation helps me feel refreshed. A short vacation is not enough for me to fully relax. Just when I start to enjoy my break, it is time to go home and go back to work. However, if I have a longer vacation, I can rest, have fun, and enjoy my time. After that, I will feel refreshed and be ready to do my job well. (137 words)
No comments:
Post a Comment
DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.
No comments:
Post a Comment
DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.