Vocabulary
A. Co-worker
(noun) [French: collègue]: A person who works with you. Example: My co-worker helps
me with my work. [French: Mon collègue m'aide dans mon travail.]
B. Colleague
(noun) [French: collègue]: A person you work with. Example:
I often have lunch with my colleagues. [French: Je déjeune souvent
avec mes collègues.]
C. A bit of
(expression) [French: un peu de]: A small amount of
something. Example: I need a bit of water. [French: J'ai besoin d'un
peu d'eau.]
D. Look forward to
(expression) [French: avoir hâte de]: To feel happy
about something that will happen. Example: I look forward to my holiday. [French: J'ai hâte
de partir en vacances.]
Guide Questions
1. Describe Daniel, Maria, and Ahmed.
2. What do they do at lunch?
3. What will happen next month?
4. What does the speaker say about Mai?
Discussion
1. Talk about your colleagues. How old are they? Where
are they from? Parlez de vos collègues. Quel âge ont-ils ? De quel pays
viennent-ils ?
2. What are you looking forward to? Qu’est-ce que vous
attendez avec impatience ?
TRANSCRIPT
My name is Daniel, and I am 30 years old. I am from Canada, but I live in France now. My co-worker Maria is 28, and she is from Italy. We work in the same office. Our new colleague, Ahmed, is from Egypt, and he is 32 years old. He moved to France two years ago. Maria speaks Italian, English and French. Ahmed speaks Arabic, English, French and a bit of German. We often talk about our countries at lunch. Next month, another colleague from Vietnam will join our team. Her name is Mai, and she is 26. We are all looking forward to meeting her. (106 words)
No comments:
Post a Comment
DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.