Search This Blog

24 June 2024

Grammar Test: "Simple Past and Present Perfect Tense"


LESSON: GRAMMAR REVIEW
Coverage: “Simple Past Tense and Present Perfect Tense”

Review of Rules
Past tense: Action or situation that is finished in the past. Focus on past only.
I cooked escargot last night.

Present Perfect: has/have + past participle

A. Experience: I have cooked escargot before.
B. Action or situation that recently finished but connected to the present: I have already cooked escargot so I can help you.
C. Action or situation that has not happened yet but connected to the present: I haven’t cooked escargot yet so I need your help.
D. Repeated action from the past to the present: I have only cooked escargot 4 times since I was a child.
E. Comparing past and present (noticeable change): The way I cook escargot has improved since the last time we met.

Choose the correct form of the verb (past tense or present perfect tense) to complete the sentence.


1. She __________ to France twice already.

a) went
b) has been

2. He __________ this book three times when he was in high school.

a) read
b) has read

3. I __________ my homework 2 hours ago.

a) finished
b) have finished

4. The city __________ a lot over the last decade.

a) changed
b) has changed

5. They ______ sushi when they visited Japan last year.

a) already ate
b) have already eaten

6. We __________ the movie yet so I am excited to see it tomorrow.

a) didn’t watch
b) haven’t watched

7. My brother __________ to the gym three times in the last week.

a) went
b) has gone

8. The company __________ significantly in the 1990s but it had to downside in 2000.

a) grew
b) has grown

9. I __________ my room yet this morning.

a) didn’t clean
b) haven’t cleaned

10. She _____ her project so she is quite tired now.

a) just completed
b) has just completed



ANSWERS
1. B
2. A
3. A
4. B
5. A
6. B
7. B
8. A
9. A
10. B


No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.

Language Levels

Language Levels

TRAVEL VIDEO BLOG

A MOTO TRAVEL SERIES