The following
are speaking exercises designed to help you prepare for the English 360 test.
The actual test questions may vary. This material is not endorsed or provided
by English 360; it is only an approximation of the types of questions and tasks
you may encounter in the speaking section.
Les exercices d’expression orale
suivants sont conçus pour vous aider à vous préparer au test English 360. Les
questions du test réel peuvent être différentes. Ce matériel n’est ni approuvé
ni fourni par English 360 ; il s’agit uniquement d’une approximation des types
de questions et de tâches que vous pourriez rencontrer dans la partie
d’expression orale.
QUICK LEVEL COMPARISON
B1: A B1 answer should generally:
- answer the question directly;
- use familiar workplace vocabulary;
- give a simple reason or example;
- connect ideas with and, but, because, so, then;
- use mostly straightforward grammar;
- be understandable even if there are some errors.
Typical B1
response:
I
prefer working with a team because we can share ideas. If I have a problem, my
colleagues can help me. However, sometimes I prefer working alone because I can
concentrate better.
B2: A
B2 answer should generally:
- develop the answer rather than simply state an opinion;
- explain reasons and consequences;
- compare alternatives;
- use more precise vocabulary;
- use a wider range of grammatical structures;
- provide examples or qualifications.
Typical B2
response:
I
generally prefer working with a team when the problem is complex because
different people can bring different perspectives. However, for tasks that
require concentration, I find it more efficient to work independently.
C1: A C1 answer should generally:
- develop ideas spontaneously and coherently;
- qualify opinions rather than making overly simple statements;
- discuss causes, consequences, risks, and alternatives;
- use precise and nuanced vocabulary;
- use complex grammatical structures naturally;
- demonstrate flexibility and control rather than simply using “difficult” vocabulary.
Typical C1
response:
It
largely depends on the nature of the task. Collaboration is particularly
valuable when a problem requires different areas of expertise, whereas
independent work can be more efficient when sustained concentration is
essential. Ultimately, I would choose the approach that best suits the
complexity and objectives of the task.
Sample Test 1:
PART
1: INTERACTION QUESTIONS (30 seconds to 1 minute)
TOPIC: PROBLEM-SOLVING
Question 1: Do you usually try to solve a work problem yourself before asking for help? Why or why not?
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: Yes, I usually
try to solve the problem myself first. I look at the problem and try to
understand what is wrong. If I cannot find a solution, I ask a colleague or my
manager for help.
B2: Yes, I normally
try to solve a problem independently before asking for help. I first look at
the information I have and think about possible solutions. However, if the
problem is urgent or outside my area of expertise, I prefer to ask someone with
more experience.
C1: I generally try
to deal with a problem independently before involving someone else. I find it
useful to analyze the situation first because it allows me to identify what I
already know and what information I'm missing. That said, I don't hesitate to
seek assistance when the issue is particularly complex or time sensitive.
Question 2: What
do you do when you don't know how to solve a problem
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: First, I try to understand the problem. Then I look for information online or ask a colleague. I usually try several solutions until I find one that works.
B2: I normally break the problem down into smaller parts and identify what I already know. Then I look for information, either online or from colleagues. If necessary, I test different solutions before choosing the best one.
C1: I start by defining the problem clearly and identifying its root cause. I then determine what information or expertise I'm lacking and look for reliable sources or consult colleagues. If several solutions are possible, I assess their risks and benefits before deciding which approach to take.
Question 3: Do you think it is important to identify the root cause of a problem? Why?
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: Yes, I think it is important because you need to understand why the problem happened. If you only solve the immediate problem, it can happen again.
B2: Yes. Finding the root cause helps you solve the problem more effectively. Otherwise, you may only deal with the symptoms and the same problem could happen again later.
C1: Absolutely. Identifying the root cause is essential if you want to prevent the problem from recurring. Addressing only the immediate symptoms may provide a temporary solution, but it doesn't necessarily resolve the underlying issue.
Question 4: How do you decide which problem to deal with first?
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: I usually deal with the most urgent problem first. I also think about which problem can affect other tasks.
B2: I normally consider the urgency and potential impact of each problem. If one problem could delay the entire project, I deal with it first, even if another problem is easier to solve.
C1: I prioritize problems according to their urgency, potential impact, and dependencies. In particular, I focus on issues that could create significant delays or affect other activities. I also consider whether resolving one problem could help eliminate several others.
- - -
PART 2: FREE-PRODUCTION QUESTIONS (1 minute)
Question 1: Describe a difficult problem you experienced at work. What caused it, how did you deal with it, and what was the result?
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: Last year, we had a problem with a project deadline. One department sent us some information late, so we could not finish our work on time. I talked to the department and explained the situation. We agreed on a new schedule and finished the project a few days later.
B2: We once experienced a significant delay because another department didn't provide the information we needed on time. I contacted the team to understand the reason and explained how the delay was affecting our project. We agreed on a new deadline and reorganized some of our tasks. In the end, we completed the project successfully, although we had to work under some pressure.
C1: One particularly challenging situation occurred when our project was delayed because a key department failed to provide essential information. Rather than simply escalating the problem, I contacted the team to understand the underlying cause. We reviewed the dependencies, agreed on a realistic delivery date, and reorganized some activities so that we could continue working in parallel. Although we couldn't completely eliminate the delay, we significantly reduced its impact and completed the project successfully.
Question 2: Imagine that your team has an important deadline, but one part of the project is seriously behind schedule. What would you do?
Your answer:
Sample Answers
B1: First, I would try to understand why the task is late. Then I would talk to the person responsible and see if we could help. We could also change the priorities and focus on the most important tasks.
B2: First, I would identify the reason for the delay and estimate how much time is still needed. Then I would look at the schedule and see whether other team members could help. If necessary, I would discuss the situation with the manager and adjust the priorities.
C1: I would begin by determining whether the delay is caused by a lack of resources, an unrealistic estimate, or another dependency. I would then assess its impact on the critical path and identify activities that could be performed in parallel. If additional resources or a change in scope were necessary, I would raise this with the project manager and communicate the potential consequences to the relevant stakeholders.
RELATED POSTS
Sample Test 2 (Coming soon)
Listening Section (Sample Test 1)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment
DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.