Search This Blog

13 September 2024

My English Class #10: Being Busy


Topic:
“Being Busy”

Vocabulary 1:
A. Busy –
Occupé (used for people), Chargé (used for time and day), Fréquenté (used for places)

I tried to call my brother, but he was busy. [J'ai essayé d'appeler mon frère, mais il était occupé.]

B. Hectic
(adj) – mouvementé, fréquenté, chargé. * We don’t use hectic to describe people. Incorrect: She is busy hectic.

Examples
This street is very hectic/busy at night.
[Cette rue est très fréquentée la nuit.]
She has a hectic/busy schedule as a journalist.  [Elle a un emploi du temps chargé en tant que journaliste.]


C. Chores
(noun) –
tâches ménagères, corvées (small jobs that is done regularly, usually tasks in the house like cleaning, washing, etc.) Example: “Cleaning the house is not a chore for me. It actually relaxes me.” [Le nettoyage de la maison n'est pas une corvée pour moi. En fait, ça me détend.]

D. Tasks
(noun) – tâches


Guide Questions
1. What did the speaker say about being busy?
2. What did the speaker say about Monday, Friday and Wednesday?

 



Vocabulary 2:
A. errands
(noun) –
a short journey that you take to do or get something.- un court voyage que vous faites pour faire ou obtenir quelque chose. Example: I have to do some errands before dinner. I have to go to the supermarket to buy food and then go to the post office to mail a letter. [Je dois faire quelques courses avant le dîner. Je dois aller au supermarché pour acheter de la nourriture, puis me rendre à la poste pour poster une lettre.]

B. tend to
tendent à. Example: I tend to forget my car keys. [J'ai tendance à oublier mes clés de voiture.]

Guide Questions

1. What did the speaker say about other people?
2. What did the speaker say about
weekends and vacations?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: The other contributing writers and members of this publication and our advertisers do not necessarily share the opinions of the writer of the article above.

Language Levels

Language Levels

TRAVEL VIDEO BLOG

A MOTO TRAVEL SERIES